Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Wire Harness Design Engineer
Inglewood, CA 90301 US
Posted: 04/12/2023 2023-04-12 2023-07-10 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84299
The Wire Harness Design Engineer is responsible for understanding performance requirements following military specifications for the design and development of wire harnesses. This self-motivated hands-on individual will also be able to assist in the creation and maintenance of acceptance test plans and manufacturing documentation.
This individual must treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds values and is committed to the company vision and mission.
- Design wire harness drawings based on electrical, mechanical, and environmental requirements
- Able to select of connectors, backshells, boots, wire, braid, terminals, etc. to performance requirements
- Develop and maintain bill of materials
- Monitor drawing templates to maintain standards
- Works along with technicians and engineers in the design and development phases
- Works with cable harness manufactures in production phases
- Support red lined document updates and follow document changes notice process
- Create test plans and test bench designs to support product acceptance testing
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 2 years of experience in a similar role that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Understanding IPC/WHMA-A-620 is a plus (training can be provided)
- Skilled using Visio, other cable design applications are a plus.
- Attention to detail, quality, and the ability to make decisions that enforce company policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management including customers
- Must be able to speak/read/write English
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be "U.S. persons" within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Salary range is $80,000 - $110,000