Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
Brownsburg, IN 46112 US
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Master's Degree is preferred. 3 years of configuration, operation, and validation of vehicle dynamics simulation software: offline lap simulation, dynamic parametric models, multi-body models.
- 3 years of processing and analysis of time-series data in time, frequency, and spatial domains (visualization, signal processing), using MATLAB or Python.
- Proficient with analysis of on-vehicle racing car data (logged data, telemetry, etc).
- Practical Experience with racing car set-up problems and methodologies.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in development of Dymola models.
- Familiar with test planning, execution, and data analysis using vehicle dynamics test rigs (CG Height/Inertia, Kinematics & Compliance, shaker rigs, damper dynamometer).
- Familiar with systematic design of experiments.
- Proficient in statistical analysis of experimental data.
- Proficient in the use of supervised machine learning technologies, for regression of non-linear models.
- Technical knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles and chassis systems: aerodynamics, suspension, tires, etc.
- Expert understanding of limit-handling vehicle dynamics principles, and their practical application.
- Proven excellent ability to communicate technical information effectively both verbally and in written form to a wide variety of audiences.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, time critical and sensitive environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detailed oriented individual who can work effectively under pressure in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work self-directed, under minimal supervision
- Good time-management skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Able to identify and resolve routine problems.
- Strong PC and software knowledge including MS Office products.
- Demonstrates clear sense of urgency appropriate to a competitive racing environment.