Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Tube Fabrication Estimator/Sales
Placentia, CA 92870 US
Posted: 04/20/2023 2023-04-20 2023-07-10 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Administration Job Number: 84315
Summary: This role will support the company's Sales Department by developing estimates and quotes based on customer's requests and helps meet the company's sales goals. The role is responsible for evaluating customers' drawings, specifications, and technical data, ensuring everything required to successfully quote the job is present, and coordinating required information and team members (in-house and approved suppliers) to provide a comprehensive quote within 12 hours to the Sales team for 'standard' projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and interpret customers' drawings, part specifications, and technical data and successfully uses ECI M1 ERP system to create part identifications with detailed descriptions, necessary exceptions, production process routing, and comprehensive bills of materials for all purchased materials and develops estimate and quote packages with all in-house and outside manufacturing operations included to meet customer requirements.
- Communicates with internal company departments including Purchasing, Production, Quality, and Scheduling in order to create complete customer estimate and quote packages.
- Communicates with company-approved suppliers to obtain outside and secondary costs including but may not be limited to raw materials, sheet metal welding, powder coating processes, and CNC machining.
- Develops and maintains quoting and estimating tools and templates to aid in the efficiency and accuracy of the quoting process.
- Provides high quality and professional customer service and follows up with customers when required in regard to scope of work and lead time.
- Resolves discrepancies in RFQs by asking questions of customers.
- Becomes customers' point of contact for any technical, customer service, and engineering concerns.
- Attends customer meetings and offsite visits with Sales team as needed.
- Compares quoted costs against historical data and make recommendations.
- Participates in internal continuous improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Two or more years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Intermediate skill level with SolidWorks.
- Proficient in ECI M1 ERP system or similar ERP system.
- Strong interpersonal, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in teams and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of material types, particularly aluminum and stainless steel, Carbon steel, DOM, 4130.
- Experience working in a production fabrication shop and thus knowledge of manufacturing, machining and a production environment.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of tube fabrication operations as well as secondary manufacturing processes.
- Understands GD&T and engineering drawings.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills/customer service.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible and adaptable regarding changing priorities and assignments.
- Problem-solving aptitude and creative thinking ability.
- Team player who can build relationships with customers and at all levels of the business.
- Extensive knowledge of tube bending and fabrication manufacturing processes.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.