Transportation Management Specialist
Santa Monica, CA 90405 US
- Reviews employer and developer transportation management program plans for compliance with the City's TMP and recommends modifications as required.
- Promotes a variety of transportation demand management strategies to increase commuter ridesharing by making oral presentations and preparing and distributing written materials.
- May implement and provide day to day supervision of in-house transportation demand management programs.
- Assists in the development and marketing of transportation management plan strategies by gathering and analyzing data and preparing reports with recommendations.
- Acts as a liaison between the City and other agencies including the AQMD, LACTC, SCRTD, Caltrans, Commuter Transportation Services, etc.
Principles of commuter transportation programs; marketing strategies for transportation management programs.
Current regulations affecting the administration of transportation programs; and, data gathering and presentation techniques.
Prepare and present written and oral reports with recommendations.
Collect, compile and analyze data relating to transportation planning.
Establish effective working relationships with City officials, private sector transportation coordinators, city employees and transportation agency representatives.
Education, Training and Experience:
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree in transportation planning, public administration, marketing, engineering or related field.
One year of experience promoting a commuter oriented transportation program. Experience preparing and/or reviewing transportation management proposals and AQMD certification as a Transportation Coordinator is highly desired.