Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Total Compensation/ Benefits Specialist
Garden Grove, CA 92840 US
Posted: 02/20/2023 2023-02-20 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Administration Job Number: 83652
Purpose and Scope:
The Total Compensation/ Benefits Specialist is responsible for designing an ongoing total rewards strategy to support and sustain a high performing culture which attracts, motivates, retains, and rewards employees at both the field and corporate level.
- Designs a total rewards strategy.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations of compensation and benefits using internal and external data, including industry trends, best practices, tax and legislative requirements.
- Collects and leverages feedback from existing employees and management.
- Designs and manages common compensation components, including salary structure, merit pay, job classifications, salary budget review, and market compensation analyses for both exempt and non-exempt categories.
- Designs and manages benefits programs (which may include health, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), medical savings accounts, paid time off, and voluntary plans).
- Owns responsibility for compliance with current and future laws in compensation and benefits (FLSA, ERISA and ACA). *
- Owns performance management process system design and its operation. *
- Leads the implementation and administration of compensation and benefits programs in a timely and legally compliant way. *
- Leads and administers all incentive plans (benefits open enrollment, ongoing new employee benefits enrollment, annual audits) and all refinements to compensation, benefit, and other plans. *
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. *
- Works with managers to educate teams. *
- Prepares materials for management review, including analysis of market/peer company compensation practices. *
- Manages vendor/partner relationships (including but not limited to compensation/benefits/retirement/LOA/workers compensation/ergonomics). *
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures. *
- Evaluates internal equity of compensation and total rewards program. *
- Advises leadership of the impact of pending legislation related to benefits, especially at the hourly level.
- Recommends new processes and restructuring of established processes to increase cost effectiveness and remain consistent with compensation trends.
- Provides data analysis and ROI on total rewards plan.
- All other duties as required.
Safety Training Requirements:
- Commitment to Safety
- Driving Policy
- Fire Extinguisher Safety
- I2P2 Sign Off
- Incident Reporting
- Slips, Trips & falls
- Defensive Driving Course
- Abuse in the workplace
- Computer workstation Safety
- CPR/ First Aid
- D&A in the workplace
- Emergency Response
- Ergonomics Awareness
- Safe Lifting
Skills / Other:
- Legal knowledge or background, helpful.
- Presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills: quantitative, qualitative, comparative.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 3-5 Years of experience working with compensation, benefits, or employee engagement.
- Working experience with one or all of the following:
- a multi-state employer, ideally with a large hourly population
- managing large scale, cross-functional projects
- negotiating contracts with vendors
- designing and managing ACA compliant benefit programs
- assessing jobs/positions under FLSA exemption guidelines
- compensation design and administration
- administering compensation and benefits
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demand.