Tooling Engineer II (Mechanical Focus)
Redmond, WA US
- The ideal candidate will act in a coordinating capacity between tool design, manufacturing engineering and shops to resolve tool fabrication difficulties.
- Assists in the establishment of project tooling and equipment requirements Provides advice on technical details used to develop economical and efficient type and class of project tools in order to produce acceptable. parts in compliance with manufacturing specifications and standards.
- Recommends changes to manufacturing specifications for simplification or improvement of tool designs.
- Responsible for successful tooling based on efficiency, ease and safety of operation, ease of maintenance and cost of fabrication.
- Investigates and resolves tooling problems in manufacturing areas.
- Observes tool tryouts for design suitability and recommends deviations and/or tool design changes.
- Prepares design and fabrication cost estimates, schedules of materials and manpower.
- Assists designers with problem areas and in correcting irregularities Develops special tooling necessary for the fabrication, testing and material handling required to support the production of our product lines.