Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Tool Design Engineer
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Posted: 03/23/2023 2023-03-23 2023-04-24 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84093
This position requires a strong background in Aerospace manufacturing with a major emphasis on mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. This position requires extensive experience in manufacturing / machining of large complex metallic components, electromechanical components and CNC experience. The Tooling Design Engineer shall design tooling to reduce cost, process cycle time, and improve quality and delivery; implement continuous improvement to increase productivity.
This position entails designing, organizing, implementing and controlling activities related to tooling needs of Engineering and Operations. Tooling support for engineering and operations include new product development tools, tool inspection, production tool refurbishment and production tool improvements.
Must be flexible and be able to work in a fast paced environment in groups or individually.
* Designs manufacturing tools, fixtures and jigs as required to ensure product designs with tight tolerances can be repeatedly manufactured. Analyzes part and assembly specifications and drawings to ensure tool design provides desired results. Develops tooling design concepts, executes tool designs and deploys tooling to aid in production processes and satisfies product build requirements. Manages tool design queue.
* Creates complete tooling drawings that will be made in-house or through suppliers and checks designs for compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
* Creates purchase requests and usage instructions for tooling and coordinates with suppliers and external resources needed in developing and implementing new tooling.
* Evaluates and implements suggestions from manufacturing engineering, design engineering and production personnel in an effort to improve tooling, part handling, process controls and assembled part performance and tool life.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in mechanical design or drafting or related concentration.
- Experience: 10+ years of Tool Design Engineering experience.
- Experience with Catia and Solidworks.
- Must have previous knowledge of assembly fixture design practices and inspection fixture design criteria of ASME Y14.43.
- Must be able to understand, interpret and create drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5.
- Must have knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Aircraft/aerospace tooling and product development background is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and use of machinery including Programming of NC machines
- Knowledge in design of jigs and tooling used for assembly of the final product
- Must have knowledge of materials and metals processing, including Heat Treat and Coatings for aerospace requirements.
- Must be able to perform measurement and inspection processes.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products is essential.
Salary Range $120,000 - $140,000 DOE