Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Technical Program Manager - Aerospace
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Posted: 02/15/2023 2023-02-15 2023-04-24 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Management Job Number: 84186
This position requires a strong background in project management of development programs with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline such as Mechanical or Aerospace engineering. The successful candidate will manage development of systems employing pneumatic, mechanical and electro-mechanical components/assemblies. The ideal candidate will have experience in prior work as a development engineer for aerospace or defense related products. The candidate will benefit from having a broad engineering background, and prior experience in a manufacturing environment emphasizing work with mechanical devices and subsystems, preferably for use in military or commercial aviation. Knowledge of airborne weapon systems and /or weapon carriage equipment is strongly desirable.
In the role of the Technical Program Manager (TPM) the candidate will be expected to facilitate communication between design engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance functions at Marvin, as well as with customer program management and engineering specialists. The TPM will play a central role in creating and maintaining AS9100 program plans and the attendant evidence of compliance for the R&D group. During new business campaigns, the TPM will play a key role in creating and supporting development of technical and cost inputs for responses to customer inquiries and requests for proposal.
The candidate must be flexible and able to work effectively in a fast paced environment as a member of a cross functional team and as an individual contributor. The candidate should possess a strong working knowledge of program planning, including experience with Microsoft Project, and the Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of CAD and/or prior experience with CATIA for solid modeling is highly desirable. The candidate must be flexible and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as a member and leader of cross-functional teams. A successful candidate will be able to show evidence of their capability to excel in performance of tasks as an individual contributor as well as a member of a cross-functional team.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Prior relevant experience in management of development projects, minimum 7 years' experience
- Minimum BSME, BSAE (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5 years experience in design of components or systems in a development environment, preferably for military or commercial aviation. The candidate should have a working knowledge of manufacture of mechanical components and assemblies with emphasis in complex electromechanical systems, or large structures.
- Must be able to generate and track program schedules using Microsoft Project
- Must be well organized and capable of taking requirements from a high/summary level to generate compliant lower level program control and reporting documents, plans and activities which can be followed by other team members.
- Must have experience with reading and interpretation of MIL-STD documents
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be able to write technical reports, typically to document programmatic and technical status. Evidence of accomplishment in documentation of work product through program plans, AS9100 documents, technical reports, test reports etc. will be considered as a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is essential
- Proof of Education is required
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
Salary range $135K-$150K DOE