Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Structured Cabling Technician
Austin, TX US
Posted: 02/15/2023 2023-02-15 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Labor Job Number: 84184
About Us: Motive is a full service, self-performing, turnkey, infrastructure solutions provider for the wireless and wireline telecommunications industry. We are a single point of accountability for designing, building, upgrading, and maintaining your networks. No project hands-off minimizes overall development time & cost and maximizes quality control. Our areas of expertise are Site Acquisition, Architecture, Engineering & Design, Project & Construction Management, Installation & Maintenance, Product Sales & Distribution.
Purpose and Scope: The Communication Cabling Technician III is responsible for performing, and working with a team to perform, a variety of day-to-day field service functions.
- Works with and/or supervises installation/service crews of up to 6 people.
- Maintains the project schedule.
- Communicates the daily onsite progress with supervisor, and customer, if required.
- Installs various Structured Cabling components, such as coax installation, connectors, grounding, weatherproofing, supports, alarms, splitters, fiber optic cable, CAT6 cable, and other components.
- Identifies and troubleshoots new and existing Structured Cabling systems, as needed.
- Completes job-related documentation and record keeping.
- Communicates and coordinates requirements related to specific safety and local codes.
- Mentors and leads less experienced technicians.
- Terminates and tests fiber optic cable, fusion splicing, OTDR Testing.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Customer service-oriented.
- Analytical thinker and complex problem-solver.
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Leadership and mentoring skills, including motivation.
- Schedule flexibility for weekends, nights, or extended travel. Extensive travel should be anticipated-away from home or out-of-market, as needed.
- Cell phone capable of supporting clock feature.
- High School graduate or equivalent, required.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, plus Teams.
- OSHA 10, or OSHA 30, preferred.
- First Aid & CPR certifications, preferred.
- Have at least introductory understanding of Communication Cabling concepts and principles.
- Working knowledge of test equipment, certifications are a plus.
- Work on government property or inside a government office may require a background/security or other clearance. Must be able to pass any required clearances.
- 2+ Years of experience in the communications cabling and/or cellular/telecommunications industry, preferably in a technical role.
- Competent computer skills (such as Excel and software IP interfaces to GUI programmable systems).
- Understands construction drawings, specifications and technical manuals.
- Proficient in the use of structured cable testing equipment.
- Structured cabling manufacturer certifications is a plus.
- Possess various certifications from equipment manufacturers and have the willingness to learn new systems.
DISCLAIMER: EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.