Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Phoenix, AZ 85017 US
Posted: 03/21/2023 2023-03-21 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Labor Job Number: 84014
Purpose and scope: The Shop Technician will regularly repair, adjust, clean or prepare batteries for shipment. Replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment. Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms. Occasionally drives truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
- Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect defects.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
- Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity of solution.
- Attaches charger leads to battery posts or connector and starts charger.
- Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and flow of current through battery.
- Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer's batteries.
- Prepares new product for shipment.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- As business needs necessitate, travel to customer sites to evaluate, diagnose, and repair defective equipment.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Training:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Able and willing to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyone s safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status,
military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status.