Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Anaheim, CA 92801 US
Posted: 06/03/2023 2023-06-03 2023-07-10 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Labor Job Number: 84345
Purpose and scope:
The Shop Technician position is for a warehouse operation that provides sales and service of industrial forklift batteries and chargers. Utilizing a variety of tools along with testing equipment the tech will gather information and record the findings. They will also work with the quality control technicians pulling customer orders and installing basic battery accessories.
- Receive and verify incoming equipment and/or batteries by visually inspecting and recording all required details on proper forms
- Gather battery data utilizing a voltmeter and hydrometer
- Program industrial chargers to the proper parameters
- Complete industrial battery diagnostic testing by setting up and adjusting load banks to spec and recording all results
- Trouble shoot basic battery issues
- Work with small hand tools on general minor repairs
- Fill lead acid batteries with water and/or acid as required
- Power wash all batteries
- Change pallets from customer pallet to company approved pallets
- Organize workload and area to prioritize internal and external customers following daily reports
- Provide updates to the supervisor and manager on status of workload assigned
- Pull product orders for various departments
- Install equipment and accessories as required by the pick order
- Prep pallets for outbound shipments
- Load an unload customer and company delivery trucks
- Assemble cable and jumpers for department use
- Participate in regular cleaning of warehouse and all work areas including emptying trash cans
- Quality control inspection of outbound repairs and orders
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, which are not limited to, warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment.
- Occasional driving to offsite locations. Offsite locations may involve exposure to inclement weather, uneven terrain and other hazardous conditions.
- Work environment contains harmful materials (such as lead/fiberglass). Periodic blood tests are required to monitor lead exposure levels, while the employee shall take all advisable precautions to reduce said exposure.
- Requires regular use of company-provided PPE (such as a respirator) which shall be worn in a proper manner at all times, whenever applicable.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily continuous basis without assistance. Heavier lifting/moving will be done with the assistance of either a mechanical device or another employee.
- Able to stand for extended periods.
- Able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Manual dexterity for equipment operation or material manipulation.
Skills / Other:
- Dependable and reliable.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Able to take and follow directions.
Experience & Education/ Training:
- High School graduate or equivalent, required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the internet.
- Knowledge of basic tools and equipment.
- Receives 2 weeks of Premium Care training.
- Forklift Certified or willing to train.
- Clean and current Driver's license (MVR check) in the applying State.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law Motive Energy, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy, Inc., expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.