Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Senior Staff Accountant
Fountain Valley, CA 92728 US
Posted: 01/25/2023 2023-01-25 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Finance & Accounting Job Number: 84121
Purpose and Scope:
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for analyzing Accounting Department functions, ensuring successful completions of its month-end closing process, controls and audit requirements. They provide and implement improvement recommendations.
- Manages the month-end closing process, including journal entries, departmental analysis and preparation of combined financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Collaborates and partners with cross-functional teams.
- Ensures compliance with key controls and audit requirements.
- Interacts with various levels of management across the organization.
- Assists with, assembles, and analyzes scheduled audit.
- Assists with bi-weekly payroll recording.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Recommends improvements to accounting procedures.
- Maintains accurate work instructions
- Assists with monthly bank reporting and compliance.
- Regularly compiles headcount analysis with comparison to budget/forecast and prior fiscal years on a monthly basis.
- Compiles bonus analysis with comparison to budget/forecast and prior fiscal years on a semi-annual basis.
- Assists with reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Analyzes financial statements for discrepancies, and alerts if necessary.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Time-management skills. Deadline-driven.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to function well in a fast-paced, at times stressful, environment.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate travel to other company locations (including out-of-the-area and overnight stays).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, required.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- 4+ Years of accounting experience, required, preferably involving preparation and analysis of complex accounting issues.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.