Senior NX Solutions Architect
Portland, OR US
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field with a minimum of 5 years of developing, documenting, and training to CAD standards, including drafting standards and modeling standards
- An expert at developing interfaces and workflows in NX for managing engineering data.
- Proficient in configuration management of parts, assemblies, and installation of aircraft engineering data.
- Proficient with using NX to create/manage engineering data and engineering related workflows.
- Proficient in architecting, implementing, programming, and managing database schemas in Teamcenter.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in creating and managing engineering change processes within NX.
- Proficient in monitoring process logs, improvements needed, and implementing changes to the NX application configuration to enhance and improve operations.
- Knowledgeable in preparing documentation of system configuration and user documentation.
- Proficient in preparing test, debugging and validation plans for NX upgrades.
- 10+ years 3D CAD modeling experience
- Experience with CAD Modeling in NX and PLM systems, Teamcenter
- Experience in NX assembly management, file structure, feature-based modeling, and data exchange methods
- Experience with NX modules such as modeling, drafting, sheet metal, and routing
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.100, Y14.4, Y14.5
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence working independently to determine requirements, identify solutions, and drive a project forward
- Knowledge of PLM strategies
- CAM experience (HyperMILL preferred)
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing in a professional, academic or recreational setting
- Experience with rapid prototyping processes (3D printing, CNC-machining, laser cutting)
- Experience with finite element analysis software (NX NASTRAN, FEMAP)
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building capabilities
- A curiosity to learn and a passion for continuous improvement
- Solid understanding of technical projects from the details to the big picture
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Travel to vendors and test sites as needed
- Intermittently able to work longer hours and weekends to support critical needs. While we expect a lot of each other, we also offer a high degree of autonomy and work-life balance, including unlimited PTO and flexible working hours.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Relocation assistance