Senior Electrical Engineer - Healthcare Building Infrastructure
Long Beach, CA 90815 US
- Perform field surveys for the design of electrical systems, gather information, and prepare site assessment reports.
- Prepare electrical schematic designs.
- Design power single line and riser diagrams.
- Perform electrical calculations (arc flash, coordination, short circuit, voltage drop, load flow) using ETAP/SKM.
- Lighting fixtures and power equipment selection.
- Perform lighting and power circuiting.
- Design and coordinate the lighting control system.
- Prepare fire alarm device layout based on International Fire Code and NFPA 72.
- Design fire alarm riser diagrams, calculations, and sequence of operations.
- Prepare enlarged plans, elevations, schedules, and details.
- Understand and utilize CAD/BIM standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the California Electrical Code and Energy Standards to design medium- and low-voltage electrical systems.
- Coordination among disciplines, such as mechanical, plumbing, telecom, civil, structural, and architectural. Work in close contact with the entire design team.
- Edit specifications for projects.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple large-size projects involving other senior engineers and sub-consultants.
- Provide mentorship to design engineers.
- Prepare proposals independently for clients.
- Demonstrate active development of business with new and existing clients.
- Review and respond to RFI's.
- Review equipment submittals.
- Perform punch walks and prepare punch list reports.
- Degree: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A registered Professional Engineer License preferred
- Minimum five years of experience
- Able to lead electrical design projects and a team of design engineers.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Experience using AutoCAD, ETAP/SKM, and Revit.
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive, detail-oriented, adept at looking at underlying issues, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Prior experience working on Healthcare/Hospitals building