An excellent opportunity for a Senior Level Electrical Engineer to be based in our San Diego, CA office. With this position you will be involved in the design and management of medium voltage infrastructure, substation design, power and lighting systems for new buildings and renovations. Project markets include Higher Education (Community Colleges and University facilities), Healthcare, and Federal Facilities.
- Perform field surveys for the design of electrical systems, gather information, and prepare site assessment report.
- Prepare electrical schematic designs.
- Design power single line and riser diagrams.
- Perform electrical calculations (arc flash, coordination, short circuit, voltage drop, load flow) using ETAP/SKM.
- Lighting fixtures and power equipment selection.
- Perform lighting and power circuiting.
- Design and coordinate the lighting control system.
- Prepare fire alarm device layout based on International Fire Code and NFPA 72.
- Design fire alarm riser diagrams, calculations, and sequence of operations.
- Prepare enlarged plans, elevations, schedules, and details.
- Understand and utilize CAD/BIM standards.
- Have a working knowledge of California Electrical Code and Energy Standards to design medium voltage and low voltage electrical systems.
- Coordination among different disciplines, such as mechanical, plumbing, telecom, civil, structural, and architectural. Work in close contact with the entire design team.
- Edit specifications for projects.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple large size projects involving other senior engineers and subconsultants.
- Provide mentorship to design engineers.
- Prepare proposals independently for clients.
- Demonstrate active development of business with new and existing clients.
- Review and respond to RFI's.
- Review equipment submittals.
- Perform punch walks and prepare punch list report.