Tustin, CA 92780 US
- Prepare and understand recurring and non-recurring journal entries in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Journal entries should encompass proper support documentation and accurate mark ups.
- Assist Controller in investigating and resolving errors or discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Record bank activities and handle daily cash management activities.
- Review and maintain Credit Card balances, records, and replenishment of various accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations timely and accurately. Investigate and resolve reconciling items timely.
- Assist in researching expense variance to determine drivers of change monthly.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial schedules and deliverables.
- Compile auditors' request items quarterly and annually.
- Interface with various departments to assist in resolving reconciling items and general accounting issues.
- Assist in identifying and documenting enhanced processes and procedures.
- Prepare fixed asset addition, deletions, and record the monthly depreciation.
- Maintain the Lease accounting schedules and record the monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile intercompany transactions
- Assist in filing sales and use tax returns
- Applies and renews business licenses and registrations
- Assist management in ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the improvement of departmental efficiencies.
- Research and gather information for various departments or as directed by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Must have exceptional work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Strong and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Manage competing deadlines with willingness to work extra hours as necessary.
- Possess good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS-Excel.
- Experience with Sage accounting system.
- Experience with Cost and Project accounting.
- 3-4 Years of experience.