Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 US
Posted: 03/21/2023 2023-03-21 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 83852
Do you have a passion for estimating, project management, and building long-lasting relationships with customers? Come work with our experienced Sales Engineering/Estimating team that takes pride in delivering 'World-Class Equipment to World-Class Customers!
Our client is looking for a Sales Engineer/Estimator who will be responsible for responding to Requests for Quotations (RFQs), building relationships with customers to learn what their needs are and how we can support that, while accurately estimating the necessary materials, components, subassemblies, labor, outside services, and all other requirements needed to provide comprehensive quotes that represent an understanding of our customers' needs.
This position will manage a wide variety of projects and collaborate with the Purchasing, Fabrication, Assembly, and Installation departments to ensure that our customers' project specifications are accurately met with quality, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE AN OUTSTANDING LISTENER AND RELATIONSHIP BUILDER -You take the time to actively listen to customers and ask the right questions to understand their motivations, needs, and define their project specifications. You can naturally connect and form positive relationships with customers and team members. You build rapport, trust, and win customers' confidence by accurately delivering on your promises.
YOU ARE METICULOUS, MATHEMATICAL AND PROCESS ORIENTED - You have a keen eye for the little details and are great with numbers. You always ensure that every aspect of the estimating process is handled properly, and each step of a project is completed correctly before moving forward to the next phase.
YOU ARE A SELF STARTER, PASSIONATE, AND PERSISTENT - You take initiative to start, manage and lead projects from start to finish. You insert yourself into projects appropriately, help your peers, and drive projects forward that result in favorable outcomes for the company. You are not afraid of following up with customers and warm leads in order to promote Clients business and support customers to achieve their goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
Within the first 1-2 months:
Learn the department structure within the shop, systems, workflow processes, client base, products, and industry terminology.
Partner with the Lead Sales Engineer/Estimator to become familiar with the entire manufacturing process and in-house capabilities. Learn the project phases from initial customer interface to delivery and installation.
Demonstrate the ability to read blueprints and drawings, foundationally define the customer's needs, understand the customer specifications, scope of work, and determine the structure of the proposals.
Visit customer facilities with the Lead Sales Engineer/Estimator and learn how to properly walk job sites, take measurements, and understand the scope of the project.
Demonstrate an understanding of how to sort, prioritize, and respond to customer inquiries. Respond to warm leads within a 24-hour period & schedule meetings with the customer to start the bidding process.
By the 3rd month mark and ongoing:
Prepares awarded project agenda, schedules, and leads a pre-job meeting to smoothly transition the project from Sales to Engineering, Purchasing and the Fabrication/Assembly departments.
Strategically communicate with vendors and suppliers on various materials to yield cost effective and high-quality results. Research & evaluate subcontractors to solicit bid proposals for subcontracted work.
By 5 months, through strong communication, internally and with customers, quote preparation, and project management, has generated $100K in total sales revenue.
By the 6th month mark and ongoing:
Warm leads are being followed up on a consistent basis, building strong relationships that results in a 10% increase in capacity to manage incoming RFQs received.
Demonstrate the ability to create and manage 4-6 quotes at a time independently. Effectively collaborate with all departments in order to accurately and efficiently estimate projects.
Effectively handle customer issues and concerns in a professional manner that upholds the strong reputation while satisfying the customer's needs.
By the 9th and 12th month mark and ongoing:
Demonstrated as a passionate, knowledgeable, and creative problem solver who constantly is seeking to foster strong relationships and increase customer satisfaction by delivering products that are built to last.
Is a reliable, dependable, and technical estimator, managing 6-10 quotes and 3-5 jobs of varying complexities simultaneously.
Helps train new Sales Engineers/Estimators on processes and procedures for preparing quotes and managing various project deliverables. By 12 months, has generated $500K - $1M in total sales revenue.
- 5+ years' experience estimating industrial machinery within a manufacturing setting required
- Proven ability to understand and bid Lump Sum, Time and Materials, Fixed Fee/Cost Reimbursable and other types of contracts required
- Demonstrated experience with identifying labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents required
- Proven ability to estimate and develop a detailed Bill of Materials for Skids, Piping, Storage Tanks, Vessels, and Ducting required
- Intermediate proficiency with various computer software tools, including Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel required
- Demonstrated strong writing skills, drafting execution plans, create schedules and related bid deliverables required
- Proven ability to make decisions involving complex sales / profit relationship required
- Proven knowledge for how to scrub & verify subcontract & vendor quotes, understand pre-planning, how to sequence work scopes and plan field execution strategies during the bid cycle required
- Demonstrated understanding for conceptual estimating, quantity take-offs, using independent judgement in calculating quantities, costs and schedules required
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and operate with continually changing priority needs required
- Ability to bid projects turnkey with multiple disciplines of work (e.g. Pipefitter, Millwright, welder, fabricator) required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or related field a plus
- Knowledge of fabrication methods including fitting, welding, and cutting methods a plus
COMPANY BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Competitive Salary, Incentive program, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave + Paid Holidays, Training and Development Opportunities
$80,000.00 - $120,000.00 DOE