R&D Test Engineer III
Inglewood, CA 90302
- Minimum BSME, BSAE with 5 years relevant development testing experience for high pressure pneumatics, mechanical or electro-mechanical devices. The candidate should be familiar with selection and operation of common instrumentation sensors (pressure transducers, thermocouples, shaft encoders, etc.) and with operation of digital data acquisition systems. Airframe and Power plant (A&P) mechanic certification and/or military air vehicle armament experience are a plus.
- Experience and skills with creation of design concepts (for items such as fixtures and tooling) using hand sketches and CAD tools is a plus. CAD experience in CATIA (preferred), Creo or SolidWorks are preferred.
- Working knowledge of high pressure pneumatics in an open-setup development laboratory environment is key.
- Emphasis on ability to quickly define, and if necessary construct, safe and effective test rigs to operate and measure behavior of developmental pneumatic and electro-mechanical hardware is a key strength
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. Prior assembly or shop experience is a plus.
- Must be able to perform basic measurements and simple inspection processes using standard measuring equipment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Must be able to write engineering test plans, procedures and reports, typically to document analysis and test results. Evidence of accomplishment in self-documentation of work product through technical reports, test reports etc. will be considered as a plus.
- The candidate should be able to show evidence of past experience in leading a team of test technicians. Candidate will support test issue/anomaly resolution and conduct department process improvement and cross-training initiatives.
- Must be able to perform test data reduction, typically performed using Microsoft Office products
- Proof of Education is required
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs and work on ladders