Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
R&D Test Engineer III
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Posted: 03/22/2023 2023-03-22 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 83750
This position involves directing and/or performing characterization and acceptance testing of equipment using high pressure pneumatic, mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. The ideal candidate will have some relevant experience in the testing, design, analysis and prototyping of mechanisms which may include linkages, levers, pneumatic devices, solenoid and motor operators. Job duties will include providing breakdown of internal and external customer testing requirements ranging from informal peer-peer collaborations to formal drawings and specifications to formulate test plans/procedures and conduct testing across a range of test article types from component to all-up assemblies. Occasional work to perform or support others in design of test apparatus will be required. Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment in groups or individually. Experience as team leader is a plus.
This position requires a strong background in aerospace development testing with a major emphasis on high pressure pneumatics, mechanical and electro-mechanical components/assemblies. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in a development lab environment with experience in assembly and testing of developmental hardware for complex electro-mechanical assemblies. Background with high pressure pneumatics and hydraulics, instrumentation, electronics and test facility operation and set-up are required.
The candidate must be flexible and able to work effectively in a fast paced environment as a member of a cross functional team and as an individual contributor. A successful candidate will be able to show evidence of their capability to excel in performance tasks independently as an individual contributor, and to function well as a member of a cross-functional team.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum BSME, BSAE with 5 years relevant development testing experience for high pressure pneumatics, mechanical or electro-mechanical devices. The candidate should be familiar with selection and operation of common instrumentation sensors (pressure transducers, thermocouples, shaft encoders, etc.) and with operation of digital data acquisition systems. Airframe and Power plant (A&P) mechanic certification and/or military air vehicle armament experience are a plus.
- Experience and skills with creation of design concepts (for items such as fixtures and tooling) using hand sketches and CAD tools is a plus. CAD experience in CATIA (preferred), Creo or SolidWorks are preferred.
- Working knowledge of high pressure pneumatics in an open-setup development laboratory environment is key. Emphasis on ability to quickly define, and if necessary construct, safe and effective test rigs to operate and measure behavior of developmental pneumatic and electro-mechanical hardware is a key strength
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. Prior assembly or shop experience is a plus.
- Must be able to perform basic measurements and simple inspection processes using standard measuring equipment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Must be able to write engineering test plans, procedures and reports, typically to document analysis and test results. Evidence of accomplishment in self-documentation of work product through technical reports, test reports etc. will be considered as a plus.
- The candidate should be able to show evidence of past experience in leading a team of test technicians. Candidate will support test issue/anomaly resolution and conduct department process improvement and cross-training initiatives.
- Must be able to perform test data reduction, typically performed using Microsoft Office products
- Proof of Education is required
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs and work on ladders
This candidate for position must meet export control and other special program access compliance requirements. All applicants must be U.S. citizens, with no secondary (dual) citizenship permissible.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $105,000