R&D Design Engineer V
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
- Minimum BSME, BSAE and a minimum of 12 years' experience in relevant design/analysis/development environment, preferably for military or commercial aviation. The candidate should have knowledge of manufacture of mechanical components and assemblies with emphasis in complex electromechanical systems, or large structures.
- Must be able to perform structural analysis by hand calculations and finite element methods. Knowledge of aerospace materials properties and selection as well as processing including Heat Treat and Coatings for aerospace requirements is a requirement.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in creation of design concepts using hand sketches, and CAD tools. CAD experience in CATIA (preferred) or Creo is a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. Prior assembly or shop experience is a plus.
- Must be able to perform basic measurements and simple inspection processes
- Must have experience with MIL-STD documents, reading and interpretation of ASME Y14.5
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be able to write engineering reports, typically to document analysis and test results. Evidence of accomplishment in self-documentation of work product through technical reports, test reports etc. will be considered as a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is essential
- Proof of Education is required
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs