Valencia, CA 91355 US
- Quality Assurance: Develop and implement robust quality assurance processes to ensure compliance with industry standards, customer requirements, and internal quality objectives. Conduct thorough inspections, audits, and assessments of machining operations for large aluminum and titanium structures.
- AS9100 Compliance: Demonstrate a strong understanding of AS9100, the international standard for aerospace quality management systems. Apply this knowledge to establish and maintain an effective quality management system, ensuring adherence to all relevant requirements.
- Supplier Quality Management: Collaborate with suppliers to ensure the quality of incoming materials, components, and services. Conduct supplier audits, establish quality agreements, and drive continuous improvement efforts to enhance the overall supply chain quality.
- Non-Conformance Management: Investigate and resolve non-conformances and customer complaints related to machining processes. Utilize root cause analysis tools, such as 8D or 5 Whys, to identify underlying causes and implement corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs) to prevent reoccurrence.
- Quality Metrics and Reporting: Develop and maintain key quality performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor process performance, identify trends, and drive continuous improvement initiatives. Prepare comprehensive quality reports for management and customer review, highlighting areas of concern and recommending corrective actions.
- Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman Requirements: Familiarity with quality requirements specific to Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman, two major players in the aerospace industry, is a plus. Ensure compliance with their quality standards and specifications, providing guidance and support during customer audits and inspections.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in quality engineering, with a focus on machining large aluminum and titanium structures in the aerospace industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field is desired.
- Strong knowledge of quality management systems, standards, and methodologies, with experience in implementing and maintaining AS9100 compliance.
- Familiarity with Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman quality requirements is a plus.
- Proficiency in conducting inspections, audits, and assessments of machining processes, ensuring adherence to specifications and customer requirements.
- Experience in non-conformance management, root cause analysis, and CAPA implementation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to drive continuous improvement and resolve quality-related issues effectively.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis and quality control tools.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and interface with customers and suppliers.