Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Fountain Valley, CA 92708 US
Posted: 03/28/2023 2023-03-28 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Management Job Number: 84007
Purpose and Scope: The Project Manager is responsible for the development, planning, and execution of medium-sized renewable energy Microgrid projects.
- Assists in the definition of project scope and goals.
- Manages contract requirements.
- Develops cost estimates.
- Performs cost monitoring and management.
- Manages stakeholders.
- Participates in and fosters positive client and community relations.
- Establishes and monitors performance metrics.
- Creates long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources.
- Identifies and manages potential risks and liabilities.
- Coordinates with other positions and departments (i.e. field-level managers, Finance, Engineering).
- Selects, and delegates tasks to, qualified employees.
- Serves as a point of contact for teams and ensures team actions remain in synergy.
- Communicates with management to keep the project aligned with goals.
- Performs quality control on the project throughout development to maintain acceptable standards, including environmental and safety compliance.
- Adjusts schedules and targets on the project, as needed.
- Motivates for on-time project completion.
- Manages subcontractors.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Strong customer service orientation, plus excellent listening skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Cost and risk management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective decisionmaker -- able to make important decisions under pressure.
- Analytical thinker and problem-solver.
- Effective delegator.
- Time management skills.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Bachelor's degree in either Engineering or Construction Management.
- Any mandated construction licensing or certification.
- Certification from Project Management Institute (PMI) or Program Management Professional (PgMP), strongly preferred.
- Knowledgeable of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum).
- Engineering design, procurement and general construction knowledge.
- Working knowledge of project management cost systems.
- Working knowledge of project scheduling and software (Sitetracker is a plus).
- Knowledge of the renewable energy industry.
- Experience as a Project Manager or Construction Manager.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Storage Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related
conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law Motive Energy Storage Systems complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Storage Systems expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Pay: $65,000 - $70,000/yr