Principal Spacecraft Systems Engineer
Irvine, CA 92618 US
- Mission Assurance
- Space and Ground communications
- Flight Software Architectures and Command and Data Handling
- Electrical and Battery power systems management
- Space Flight Dynamics and Mission Operations
- Spacecraft Propulsion
- Mission Concept of Operations refinement, mapping, and application
- Requirements generation, derivation, decomposition, and mapping
- Logical and Physical Architecture definitions
- System-level design activities to include State-Machines, Orbital dynamics, etc.
- Contribution towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- System Integration, Verification, and Validation definition and execution
- Mission Operations and systems tasking support
- Leading and working closely with hardware, software, mechanical, mission operations, and other systems engineers to design and develop optimal architectures and detailed solutions to complex space domain missions.
- Leading concept of operations development, architecture definition, mission operations baselines, and mission operations procedures.
- Collaborate with Program and Product management to implement and manage schedules, knowledge management, configurations, and change management documents
- Participating and leading the technical discussions with customers and suppliers to ensure mission success
- Lead and take responsibility for technical reviews to ensure appropriate milestone maturity meets internal and external expectations.
- Managing requirements to ensure maturity, feasibility, proper flow-down and traceability, requirements verification, and requirements validation.
- Perform mission, system, and vehicle level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance
- Supporting assembly, integration, and test activities including build procedures, test plans/procedures, and other verification and validations execution activities.
- Develop systems engineering artifacts that support requirements and architecture development; modeling and simulation; cybersecurity; network operations; interoperability; verification and validation testing; and enterprise deployment and capability monitoring
- Participating in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for future projects.
- Establish standard operating procedures that support mission assurance, risk mitigation, and contingency plans to assure required mission 'up time' for all ground activities
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define interfaces; integrate mission applications and data storage; and verify the campany's enterprise capabilities
- Implement life cycle systems engineering best practices
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on Aerospace or other engineering discipline with 10+ years work experience or demonstrated equivalent.
- Technical leadership experience across one or multiple areas in the space domain
- Demonstrated ability to make complex critical decisions in a timely manner
- Demonstrated experience and success with one or more of the technical areas listed above.
- Experience leading day-to-day operations on complex programs or large functional organizations, with proven collaboration and coordination skills across internal and external stakeholder organizations
- Experience with risk, issue, and opportunity management
- Understanding of how people, process, tools, systems, and leadership concept of operations operate to achieve goals
- Proven ability to deliver effective communication verbally, written, and through well-crafted presentations across all levels of an organization
- Impeccable attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Ability to self-govern with minimal supervision, establish workload priorities, and to utilize efficient time management practices to achieve assigned tasks
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
- Demonstrated experience and success with technical leadership of launched or operational space domain systems and architectures.
- Demonstrated experience and success with space-based encrypted communications architectures and devices as well as knowledge of standards for geospatial intelligence data and products
- Demonstrated experience and success with space-based reliability, availability, and maintainability and safety
- Demonstrated experience and success with space-based optical systems and applications
- Demonstrated experience and success with space-based remote sensing systems
- Demonstrated experience and success with rendezvous proximity operations and docking.
- Familiarity with MATLAB, STK, and Linux platforms
- Familiarity with satellite system budgets including mass, power, and link budgets
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO