Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Principal Embedded Systems Engineer
Reston, VA US
Posted: 12/08/2022 2022-12-08 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84019
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join the team as we continue to provide advanced electronics and subsystems to cutting edge satellite programs. Wea are growing, and we have excellent opportunities for professional growth. Our projects push the performance envelope for both power and digital applications in space.
A Principal Embedded Systems Engineer will support a wide range of embedded systems projects. You will contribute to all aspects of the full product lifecycle: from requirements development, through preliminary design, critical design, prototype, test, and production. Your specific projects may include development with FPGAs, microprocessors, CPUs, GPUs, and more. Our flight computers push the boundaries of what is currently being done in space.
A Principal Engineer works independently on their assignments, and often owns responsibility for their own project cost and schedule performance, with minimal oversight from a more senior technical staff member. A Principal Engineer is often asked to engage directly with customers, and provide guidance to more junior staff.
• Total related experience: 7-12 years
• Software/firmware debugging, testing, and verification
• Embedded software development (C/C++) – full cycle from planning to implementation
• FPGA Firmware Development (VHDL/Verilog)
• Writing test scripts to support hardware development and verification (MATLAB/Python)
• Familiarity with command line interfaces (Windows and Linux)
• Writing effective supporting documentation for technologies
• Collaboration with multi-disciplinary engineering team
• Independent time management, effective communication, and proactive mindset
US Citizen or Permanent Resident is required
Compensation: $120,000-$140,000 DOE