Power Electronics Engineer
Tustin, CA 92780 US
- Principal design of DC-DC switch mode power converters/supplies (1-100kW)
- Principal design of AC-DC Bidirectional Inverters (1-100kW)
- Principal design of Level 1 - 3 Electric Vehicle Chargers following
- Familiarity with industry standard protocols: SAE J1772, CAN and Power Line Communication
- Generating the model base firmware for DSP with Mat lab/Simulink, debugging the hardware with software
- Controls system design and optimization
- Design of gate-drive circuitry
- Design of electrical and mechanical parameters for power magnetics.
- Schematic, PCB Layout design and design verification
- Design for EMC including circuit board layout, control, and filter design.
- Translate customer requirements and specifications into overall design strategy and technology
- Create and maintain program timelines for electronics subsystems
- Develop robust technical solutions from concept through production
- Conduct appropriate engineering analysis and select materials
- Set direction with vendors and electrical technicians to build prototypes
- Write engineering development test reports that include conclusions and recommendations
- Maintain open issues list during development
- Prepare engineering documentation including Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA)
- Formally release all product requirements into the Engineering change management system
- Conduct and participate in design reviews internally and with customers
- Establish production feasibility of designs working
with vendors, engineers, and manufacturing.
- Generate and follow-up on cost reductions
- Communicate with other engineers to help develop product strategy for standardization
- Mentor less experienced engineering staff
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (Minimum)
- 10 years power electronics engineering on electrical assemblies experience required