Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
OSP Project Manager
Austin, TX US
Posted: 05/18/2023 2023-05-18 2023-07-10 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Management Job Number: 84341
Job Description - Project Manager
The City Project Manager is responsible for managing specific city OSP projects ranging in size and type. The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the OSP build-out that will range over several disciplines, including design change oversight and construction in roadways, bridges & crossings and many other diverse disciplines as identified and assigned.
- Performs specialized sub-professional tasks, including but not limited to:
- Municipality relationships
- Construction inspection oversight
- Construction project coordination & scheduling
- Administers and coordinates the city-wide projects from preliminary design oversight through construction.
- Directs, oversees, and participates in project development, execution, and budgets.
- Organizes and communicates directly with stakeholders involved within project scope.
- Checks construction plans for compliance with public works standards or design agreements.
- Checks for coordination and compatibility of proposed construction with underground utilities and recommends utility protections and/or conditions of approval.
- Defines the scope of the project daily in collaboration with senior management.
- Creates a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project & schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Determines the resources required to complete the project on time/on budget.
- Reviews the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Determines the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Develops forms and records to document project activities.
- Monitors the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establishes a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Reviews the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Evaluates requests for deviations from approved plans and specifications and may approve minor deviations in accordance with company and client policy.
- All other duties as required
Superior management and organizational skills, for people and processes.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Displays leadership ability.
* Successfully interfaces across all levels of an organization, including Executive and C-suite level.
* Multi-tasker; manages multiple projects, initiatives, activities, or project teams simultaneously.
- High school graduate or equivalent, required. Bachelor's degree in related area, strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), plus Teams and Project.
- Clean and current driver's license (MVR check) in the applying State.
- Business knowledge within the telecommunications industry, specifically OSP (Outside Plant).
- Experience: * 3-5 Years of experience as a Project Manager in a customer-facing role.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories
Compensation: $25- $35/hr + Benefits