Mechatronic/Mechanical Test Engineer
Pasadena, CA 91103 US
- Setup and test electromechanical hardware
- Execute Tests, analyze data, troubleshoot systems of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and program requirements
- Review and analyze technical customer requirements to generate clear test plans from concept to implementation.
- Work as a team to meet schedule and cost targets while ensuring the deliverable unit meets the technical requirements
- Prepare and Present necessary information required to conduct thorough reviews with customer and/or internal management
- Communicate with manufacturing to ensure successful transfer of information and efficient processes are understood and documented
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field.
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering position
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Matlab, LabVIEW and Python
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience analyzing the performance of robotic hardware
- Experience Testing motor drivers (including 3-phase BLDC motor torque controller, 4-quadrant drive, and commutation schemes).
- Experience in the implementation and test of motion control systems (continuous and discrete control systems approaches, stability analysis, PID tuning, state-space control, optimal control)
- Strong practical experience with common actuators (BLDC, Brushed DC, Steppers), sensors (Resolvers and RDCs, Optical Encoders, F/T sensor), and Communication interfaces utilized in robotic systems (Serial, CAN, Ethercat, UDP).
- Professional experience working with and troubleshooting critical electomechanical hardware in a laboratory environment
- Advanced degree in Robotics or related field
- General understanding of GIT UI/UX design
- Knowledge of design thinking principles
- Leadership skills