Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Mechanical Engineer IV
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Posted: 01/18/2023 2023-01-18 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84109
Supports the development and documentation of mechanical systems. Supports the development, maintenance, or modification of system designs/proposals to provide design documentation and high-level requirements. Performs detail design development and modification of mechanical system installations. Supports team in performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms. Prepares technical documents for mechanical components and systems. This position requires a strong background in aerospace manufacturing with a major emphasis on mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies, preferably for use in military or commercial aviation. This position requires extensive experience in manufacturing/machining of large complex metallic components, connectors, and electro-mechanical components experience. Knowledge of airborne weapon systems and /or weapon carriage equipment is strongly desirable.
- Leading research of technical, operational, and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Working with and directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final engineering solutions.
- Oversees documentation of hardware related issues.
- Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system, component, and installation designs/proposals to provide design documentation.
- Perform and document analyses to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Contributes to supplier development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals.
- Leads and directs activities to validate and verify mechanical and system requirements.
- Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Responsible in creating Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and/or Request for Variance (RFV) along with an engineering analysis to our customer.
- Must be flexible and be able to work in a fast-paced environment in groups or individually.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors' others.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering and 15 or more years, or equivalent experience.
- Analysis/Design - Ability to evaluate complex systems from a multitude of perspectives. Ability to perform multi-disciplinary trade studies to evaluate configuration alternatives for functional and spatial integration.
- Engineering Processes - Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics). Basic knowledge of the interaction between departments/ disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business).
- Manufacturing Methods - Advanced knowledge of manufacturing, methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, machines/machine tools, cutting tools and fluids, N/C programming, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems) for aerospace requirements. Ability to select the best method of producing parts, tools, or assemblies.
- Design Concepts & Techniques - Expertise of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/DFA]).
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in creation of design concepts using hand sketches, and CAD tools. CAD experience in CATIA (preferred) and PDM Smart Team is a plus.
- Creating engineering drawings using the ASME Y14.100-LATEST standard.
- Creating detail drawings, assembly drawings, interface drawings and source control drawings.
- Proficiency in Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) using ASME Y14.5-LATEST standard and stack-up analysis.
- Application of advanced principles, theories, concepts, and techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems.
- 3D printing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in design of jigs and tooling used for assembly of the final product
- Must be able to perform basic measurement and inspection processes
- Possess strong written and verbal business communication, excellent problem solving, organizational skills and including the ability to work well within a team and others.
- Working knowledge of Military standards and compliance rules and regulations mandated under the following quality and governmental standards: AS9100 & ITAR.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is essential
- Proof of Education is required
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be 'U.S. persons' within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Salary range $140,000 to $165,000