Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Mechanical Engineer III
Inglewood, CA 90301 US
Posted: 04/06/2023 2023-04-06 2023-07-10 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84278
Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for hands-on Mechanical Engineer. We support many military prime contractors including General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Lead/assist the development of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems. Supports the development, maintenance or modification/upgrade of system designs. Mechanical Engineer will design, develop, document and test the subsystems used on military application.
- Design and analysis of components and subsystems for electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems.
- Support prototype builds, planning, fabrications and documentation.
- Assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
- Supports the development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals.
- Prepare schematics, diagrams, drawings and reports.
- Participate in program reviews activities and technical reviews.
- Perform testing and prepare test reports for components and subsystems.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with a minimum of 5 or more years of experience.
- Experience with 3D modeling packages such as Pro Engineer (CREO), AutoCAD, ANSYS
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, instrumentation, and data acquisition and control systems).
- Geometric dimensioning, tolerance and stack-up analysis.
- Experience with integration of military systems/standards is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work well within a team.
- Must be able to speak/read/write English.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Salary Range $130K-$150K