Top aerospace company is looking to add (2) Complex Multi-Axis Master Machinists to their team in Canoga Park,
Perform multi-position/contour machining of parts, assemblies and tooling comprised of a variety of materials including nickel-based super alloys. Setup and run multiple axis machine tools (including Horizontal Boring Mills, Mill-Turns, VTMC's, 3+ axis mills) capable of milling, turning, drilling, etc. to machine parts and assemblies to required dimensions and tolerances.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications, MOR Books, sketches, engineering orders, work instructions, charts, graphs and other source documents to determine the methods and sequence of operations for the machining of parts and materials and tooling.
- Setup and run multiple axis machine tools (including Horizontal Boring Mills, Mill-Turns, VTMC's, 3+ axis mills) capable of milling, turning, drilling, etc. to machine parts and assemblies to required dimensions and tolerances.
- Perform mathematical calculations using shop math, geometry and trigonometry to layout center lines, reference points, machining guide lines and angular dimensions on materials, parts, assemblies and tooling for machining processes.
- Apply a working knowledge of machining characteristics of various materials and metals to pre-set cutting tools on the machine. Adapt and/or improvise tooling where standard tooling is unavailable.
- Set up and adjust machine controls to include speeds, feeds and depth of cut, and proper axis to meet configuration requirements. Perform off-line and in-process machine setups.
- Operate multi-position machines and perform contouring, profiling, turning, back spot facing, boring, milling, drilling, slotting and tapping on materials, parts, assemblies and tooling.
- Use hand, power tools and precision measuring instruments to check work in progress and final product for conformance to dimensional, configuration and surface finish requirements and tolerances.
- Collect on machine statistical process control (SPC) data relative to machining operations. Record data and statistics manually or with the aid of a computer or computer-based system