Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Posted: 01/18/2023 2023-01-18 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84108
This position requires a strong background in Process, Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering with an emphasis on manual and robotic application processes for military primers, paints and special coatings. The ideal candidate will have other manufacturing related process experience in a high mix low volume environment.
- Interacting on a daily basis with the paint department to define, develop and improve paint processes, tooling and robotic spray programs.
- Provide guidance to Engineering regarding process design concepts, sequence of operations, and manufacturing instructions in visual or legacy planning formats to ensure the best manufacturing techniques and practices are being used.
- Investigate and initiate corrective actions and improvements for non‐conforming product
- Identify improvement opportunities for producibility and affordability initiatives to reduce production costs.
- Collaborate with Robotic Spray System supplier on technical issues and system upgrades
- Contribute to development of performance metrics for critical processes
- Support other manufacturing engineering responsibilities including mechanical assembly and component production when support in paint department is low.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) preferred or an Associate Degree and 5 years of experience in coatings application, production assembly/fabrication.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in operation, setup and programming Fanuc Paint Series robots using the system computer and Teach Pendant
- Experience with paint processes including surface preparation, the application of primers and catalyzed topcoats manually and robotically
- Knowledgeable and proficient with robotic UFRAME, UTOOL, working offsets, etc
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Fanuc Roboguide HandlingPro simulator
- Certificate of Fanuc HandlingTool Operations and Programming preferred
- Experience reviewing and interpreting Blueprints, 3D models and specifications
- Ability to interface/communicate with multiple levels of leadership, customers, and suppliers
- Ability to support short duration assignments for training and assessment of improved processes in the paint department for 2nd & 3rd shift as needed
- Experience working hands on in a production assembly line environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
Salary range $100,000 to $120,000