Valencia, CA 91355 US
- Process Design and Optimization: Develop and implement efficient manufacturing processes for the machining of aluminum and titanium structures. Analyze existing processes, identify areas for improvement, and propose innovative solutions to enhance productivity, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Machining Expertise: Demonstrate a deep understanding of machining techniques, tooling, and equipment commonly used in the aerospace industry. Apply this knowledge to select appropriate cutting tools, optimize cutting parameters, and ensure the integrity of machined parts, adhering to strict quality standards.
- Process Validation and Verification: Conduct thorough process validation, including design of experiments (DOE), statistical analysis, and capability studies. Collaborate with quality assurance teams to establish robust inspection methods and criteria, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and customer requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize manufacturing processes, reduce cycle times, minimize waste, and improve overall efficiency. Implement Lean Manufacturing principles, such as 5S, Kaizen, and Six Sigma methodologies, to streamline operations and enhance productivity.
- Collaborative Approach: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including design engineering, production, quality assurance, and supply chain, to ensure seamless integration of manufacturing processes. Collaborate on design reviews, provide input on manufacturability, and support the transfer of new products into production.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, specifically in the aerospace industry, with a focus on machining aluminum and titanium structures.
- Strong knowledge of machining processes, tooling, and equipment, along with the ability to troubleshoot and optimize machining operations.
- Experience with process validation, statistical analysis, and quality control methodologies.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or CATIA, for process design and toolpath generation.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex manufacturing challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across different departments and levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated project management abilities, with a track record of delivering results within established timelines and budgets.