This position requires a strong background in Aerospace manufacturing with a major emphasis on mechanical and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. This position requires experience in manufacturing / machining of large complex metallic components, electromechanical components and some CNC experience.
This position entails breaking down customer engineering requirements per drawing to review manufacturability and to create manufacturing planning, bills of material (BOM), liaison with manufacturing personnel to improve processes, troubleshoot assembly and machining problems, and reduce the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures while ensuring the quality, integrity and certification properties of products manufactured is maintained or improved. Must be flexible and be able to work in a fast paced environment in groups or individually.
* Provide technical support in troubleshooting existing manufacturing processes and/or product lines to achieve customer quality standards and profit objectives.
* Assist in optimizing manufacturing efficiency and quality standards through the implementation of improved processes, materials, methods and facilities.
* Support Production to ensure products are built to specifications and engineering documents.
* Provide feedback to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost, and time to manufacture product.
* Prepare engineering changes as required to support manufacturing and quality of parts produced.
* Identify and if necessary, design and deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
* Ensure standardization and compliance to engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in the production of interior products.
* Perform engineering analyses and apply problem-solving methods to support new product development and sustaining production. Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control.
* Identify new equipment, tool designs, and processes to improve consistency, accuracy, and cycle times. Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing.
* Interface directly with assemblers, production supervisors, leads, and management on a routine basis
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
* Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
* Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operator
* Coordinate with suppliers and external resources needed in developing and implementing new processes and improving existing processes