Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Canoga Park, CA 91304 US
Posted: 03/14/2023 2023-03-14 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84230
Top aerospace company is looking to add a Grinder Machinist to their growing team in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with the ability to setup and operate grinding machines to grind, sharpen, or form machine cutting tools and gauges.
- The ability to read and interpret information from planning documents, drawings, blueprints, sketches, specifications, charts, graphs and engineering orders to plan the methods and sequences of operations required to set up and operate various types of conventional, and computer numerically controlled grinding machines.
- Experience setting up and operating various types of conventional and computer numerically controlled grinding machines to grind, sharpen and form machine cutting tools and gauges to specified configurations, exacting dimensions and tolerances.
- Applying a working knowledge of cutting tool design and function and use surface table set up and precision measuring instruments, such as height gauges, gauge blocks, micrometers, calipers and protractors, to check work in progress and finished tooling for conformance to configuration and dimension requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years' experience in the operation of conventional grinding machine tools
- 2 years' experience in the grinding, sharpening and forming of cutting tools (end mills, reamers, inserts and form tools)
- Preferred 3 years' experience operating NC/manual milling or grinding machine tools/wheels.
- Working knowledge to be able to operate various types of conventional and computer numerically controlled machines.
- Working knowledge of grinding wheels, including the dressing, trimming, and forming of wheels to change shape of the wheel, metals and components.
- Experience reading and interpreting information from planning documents, drawings, blueprints, sketches, specifications, charts, graphs and engineering orders to plan and check the planning of operational sequences and methods.
- Experience using precision measuring instruments to check work for accuracy of dimensions and surface finish.
- Ability to use electronic work instructions, specifications, and drawings to meet customer requirements.
- Skilled at using precision hand tools, micrometers, indicators, Jo blocks, gages etc. to ensure parts are set-up and ground to meet blueprint requirements.
- Working knowledge of basic shop math, geometry, trigonometry for determining speeds/feeds, part reference points, angles and positions.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to follow work instructions, manage time efficiently and get along with co-workers.
- This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Candidates must be US Citizens without dual citizenship
$25-$30 per hour DOE