Forklift Battery Technician
Phoenix, AZ 85017 US
- Represents the company in a neat and professional manner in accordance with company standards.
- Practices safety and good housekeeping in all circumstances.
- Performs battery inspections, battery watering, battery washing, and full-scale inspection including recording of cell voltages and specific gravities.
- Performs watering system installations.
- Conveys information to proper customer contacts.
- Safely operates a service vehicle and keeps it in good working order.
- Operates a forklift and reach truck on a regular basis.
- Recognizes and addresses safety and EPA issues.
- Safely and correctly processes non-potable water recovered by the battery wash.
- Tests for and analyzes results of acidity level of water (pH).
- Performs voltage testing and pressure washing of battery.
- Maintains an accurate assigned parts inventory.
- Actively promotes point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Follows assigned schedule to ensure regular product maintenance.
- Complies with company policies and procedures (regarding issues such as warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, and hazmat).
- Ensures work orders are filled out properly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers.
- Communicates with others (supervisor, company technicians or other departments, as needed), to coordinate necessary repairs or either resolve customer complaints or seize opportunities.
- All other duties as required.
- Able to read and comprehend documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plus procedural and technical manuals.
- Able to interpret and follow instructions (provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form).
- Able to prioritize work, work independently, and move from task to task.
- Analytical and critical thinker.
- Troubleshooting skills, able to define problems and solve them.
- Strong customer service skills, including active listening.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Deadline-driven, self-motivated.
- 1-3 Years of experience involving battery industry or related experience, preferably within a field service environment. Prior sales or customer service in a field service environment, strongly preferred.