Field Service Technician
Phoenix, AZ 85017 US
- Represents the company in a neat and professional manner in accordance with company standards.
- Practices safety and good housekeeping in all circumstances.
- Conveys information to proper customer contacts.
- Safely operates a service vehicle and keeps it in good working order.
- Operates a forklift truck and reach truck on a regular basis.
- Safely and correctly processes non-potable water recovered by the battery wash.
- Tests for and analyzes results of acidity level of water (pH).
- Performs voltage testing and pressure washing of battery.
- Evaluates power module performance by reviewing its electronics operation and components against specifications.
- Performs battery inspections, battery watering, battery washing, and recording of cell voltages and specific gravities.
- Performs watering system installations.
- Maintains an accurate assigned parts inventory.
- Follows assigned schedule to ensure regular product maintenance.
- Recognizes and addresses safety and EPA issues.
- Complies with company policies and procedures (regarding issues such as warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, and hazmat).
- Actively promotes point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Ensures work orders are filled out properly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Establishes good working relationships with customers.
- Participates in sales process by identifying client opportunity (expanded services, new client, etc.) and conveys said information to appropriate sales personnel.
- Communicates with others (supervisor, company technicians or other departments, as needed), to coordinate necessary repairs or either resolve customer complaints or seize opportunities.
- Communicates with Management and Sales regarding any unresolved customer issues.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural and technical manuals.
- Defines problems and draws valid conclusions on the work that needs to be performed.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- All other duties as required.
- Mathematical aptitude (perform basic calculations).
- Sales skills.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- High degree of organization, deadline-driven, self-motivated and accountable with follow-through and follow-up.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and maintain a positive attitude.
- Critical and analytical thinker, able to prioritize work and move from task to task.
- Troubleshooting skills, able to define problems and solve them.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- 1-3 Years of battery industry or related experience, preferably in a field service environment.