Austin, TX US
Motive is a full service, self-performing, turnkey, infrastructure solutions provider for the wireless and wireline telecommunications industry. We are a single point of accountability for designing, building, upgrading, and maintaining your networks. No project hands-off minimizes overall development time & cost and maximizes quality control. Our areas of expertise are Site acquisition, Architecture, engineering & design, Project & construction management, Installation & maintenance, Product Sales & Distribution
- Acts as on-site coordinator and crew lead for projects.
- Ensures job (during and upon completion) meets quality and safety requirements.
- Thorough completion (head-end build-out) of all labeling, testing, reporting and close-outs.
- Installs POI (point of interface) equipment, sets up POI software, and clears POI alarms.
- Resolves, repairs and installs fiber optics systems and ensures that they work properly.
- Examines and replaces any faulty or old fiber optic cables and also organizes scheduled maintenance routines.
- Splices fiber and rectifies fiber optic problem areas.
- Tests and troubleshoots systems, and determines necessity for new installations.
- Develops sensor indicators and conducts timely inspections to make sure that faulty fiber optic system does not destabilize its performance.
- Executes premises cabling and minds underground and underwater cabling requirements.
- Tracks the signal strength of different devices (such as television, telephone) to ensure adequate performance.
- Formulates and maintains system records and system designs.
- May provide instruction/training, as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledgeable of various electronic components and computer operating systems, and their cabling.
- Knowledgeable in use of hand power tools.
- Knowledge of basic circuit design may be helpful.
- Industry certifications (Corning/FOA) may be helpful.
- Ability to read installation manuals, blueprints, schematics, helpful
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Analytical and critical thinker; problem-solver.
- All fiber work will be outside work as we pull fiber and set it up after we trench/drill.
- Fiber splicing not required, but huge plus.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.