Electronics Packaging Engineer
Irvine, CA 92618 US
- Responsible for designing packaging for modules with consideration for mass, cost and manufacturability
- Work with manufacturing on identifying risks to design and automation improvements for manufacturing
- Support release of full stack drawings to production release
- Install Drawings
- Assembly Drawings
- Full module 2D drawing
- Responsible for de3sign of test fixtures
- Work cross functionally with vehicle level mechanical team on integration and mating features
- Knowledgeable on areas impacting design including heat dissipation, key design characteristics, stress factors
- Hold and participate in module design reviews looking at molding, stamping, tolerance stack and other key design elements
- Participate in DFMEA for module design
- Support of documentation for design notebook
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- +5 years of related experience designing power mechanical systems
- Proficient in the interpretation and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Proficiency working with Computer Aided Design tools
- Experience in designing enclosures for PCBAs
- Experience conducting technical peer reviews and providing constructive feedback
- Detail oriented, ability to identify design/manufacturing/procurement issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Able to effectively work on multiple projects running in parallel
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience working with related space applications.
- Proficient working with SolidWorks and EPDM.
- Advanced knowledge within a defined area of mechanical design and/or study.
- Proficient in the use of shop tools, inspection methods and equipment.
- Hands-on experience with fabrication, assembly, and testing from an Aerospace focused industry.
- Employee Equity Incentive Program.
- 100% Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- 401(K) Match.
- Unlimited PTO