** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens without Dual Citizenship **
- Support test operations by ensuring special test equipment is maintained, certified, and fully operational. When issues arise, efficiently perform failure analysis to identify the issue and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Work closely with hardware and software team members to ensure flawless integration of test equipment, flight hardware, and flight software.
- Support test equipment development and upgrade activities including requirements capture, drawing development, vendor evaluation, requirement verification, and equipment validation.
Current development activities include:
- Deployment of an upgrade to the lab control digital system, which is used to configure the lab for testing and for inserting real-time failures into the system.
- Development of a next-generation Simulation Interface Adapter (SIA), which is the hardware interface between the software engine model and the hardware engine controller. The SIA simulates all engine sensors and effectors.
- Develop test operation procedures and test equipment certification procedures.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Industry experience with the development of custom test equipment including system architecture, hardware design and development, requirement verification and validation.
- Knowledgeable in measurement and sampling techniques to accurately measure and record data.
- Knowledgeable in common communication protocols used to command common lab equipment such o-scopes, power supplies, waveform generators, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experienced in the verification of test systems to show compliance to system requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot test systems, identify root cause, and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.