Electrical Technician II
Inglewood, CA 90301 US
- Able to construct and test AC/DC circuits or systems by following detailed procedures, drawings, schematics, and data sheets.
- Understands and able to troubleshoot by following electrical schematics related to: analog and digital systems, 480VAC systems, and 800VDC systems.
- Understands basic operation of PLCs (programmable logic controllers).
- Able to work closely and follow verbal guidance from Engineers.
- Follow test plans and test bench procedures to support end-customer product acceptance testing.
- Able to contribute to the development of assembly and test procedures.
- Familiar with military requirements particularly for ground vehicles.
- Maintains assigned test benches related to calibration schedules and overall readiness.
- Maintains detailed notebook of all activities.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as required
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree in an electrical capacity or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Attention to detail, ability to make decisions and follow company policies and procedures.
- Solid understanding of technician-based test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.).
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Able to use Microsoft-based applications like Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all company departments and customers.
- About 5% travel throughout the United States to support and troubleshoot issues at customer sites.
- Competency in company procedures and processes as identified in training matrix
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Need to know electronics. The individual needs to know electrical theory and know how to troubleshoot electronics.