Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Electrical Engineering Sustaining and Support Engineer
Irvine, CA 92618 US
Posted: 01/31/2023 2023-01-31 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 83785
Our client is seeking a motivated and experienced Electrical Engineering Sustaining & Support Engineer at their Irvine, CA location. As an Electrical Engineering Sustaining & Support Engineer, the candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team to develop innovative spacecraft solutions for internal and external customers.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze reported failures and evaluate to determine root cause.
- Root cause analysis, creating and implementing solutions.
- Generate reports and compile data related to reported issues and findings.
- Investigation and escalation of Production issues/complaints with development.
- Failure tracking for trend identification.
- Responsible for yield improvement of the production line.
- Support cross-functional project teams including EE, AIT, QA, Planning, Purchasing and Operations to maintain and improve products.
- Support product/process/yield improvement activities in partnership with Engineering, Operations and Quality departments.
- Technical expert who can provide engineering knowledge and oversight to resolve manufacturing- and quality-related problems with existing products.
- Support and lead manufacturing process improvements.
- Create strategies for the verification of the corrective actions and participate in verification activities.
- Create engineering change orders.
- Participate in activities related to continuous improvement, and new development.
- Support operational (shortages, EOL) change requests for released products.
- Create prototypes to test new components, fixes, and improvements.
- Implement containment actions as well as long term corrective actions.
- Maintains assembly procedures and documents from release.
- Manufacturing Bill of Materials administration and updates from product improvements or obsolescence.
- Routine review and action for obsolete parts and identification of sources for direct replacement parts that meet form, fit and function requirements.
- Provide feedback to Engineering to facilitate manufacturability and throughput improvements.
- Support and set up new product introductions.
- Providing input for the Manufacturing Engineer for improvements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience of testing and debugging embedded hardware development experience (Aerospace-specific experience is preferred)
- Knowledge of common data bus peripherals (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet).
- Competency with standard test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, multi-meter, logic analyzer.
- Ability to rework circuit boards with surface mount technology.
- A working knowledge of hardware and system debug practices.
- Experience with debugging and evaluation of system failures.
- Ability to read schematics and be able to relate it to the PCB Design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and passion to invent and create new solutions, challenge the status quo and drive positive change
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond one's comfort zone when it comes to learning about other technologies and applications.
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000