Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Santa Clarita, CA 91355 US
Posted: 03/10/2023 2023-03-10 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84205
The purpose of this job is to assist the Dyno department in the efficient testing and evaluation of engines produced by the engine assembly shop. The associate will be responsible for installing and removing jigs and fixtures from engines, installing and removing engines from the dyno, testing engines on the dyno, and maintaining testing equipment in a manner that ensures that engines meet quality targets and delivery timing.
- Good knowledge of internal combustion engines.
- Good knowledge of dyno testing procedures for internal combustion engines and electronic hardware. Knowledge of data acquisition hardware operation, sensor types and their capabilities is an advantage. Mechanical skills to work on electrical, fluid, and mechanical systems.
- Mechanical and basic electrical trouble-shooting ability.
- Hands-on experience with engine installation and removal on dynamometer.
- Some PC and software knowledge including data acquisition systems and common office software (Word and Excel).
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and be able to efficiently install and remove engines and fixtures from the dyno.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma. Some college or trade school coursework desired.
- 3 years of hands-on mechanical experience, preferably in the automotive or motorcycle industry.
- Experience running engine or chassis dynamometers.
- Hands-on experience in test equipment inspection, maintenance and minor repair.
- Previous data analysis, summarizing, and reporting experience using PUMA/Concerto or similar data acquisition software systems.
- Experience entering data and creating reports in Excel and Word.
- Experience using common automotive tools and measurement equipment.