Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Director of Project Engineering
Fountain Valley, CA 92708 US
Posted: 03/14/2023 2023-03-14 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84231
Purpose and Scope:
The Director of Project Engineering is responsible for the design and development of the system architecture and requirements for Energy Storage and Solar applications. The Director of Project Engineering will develop and maintain company required documentation and define processes to increase efficiency of engineering C&I, municipal, and utility-scale renewable projects.
- Growing and developing a high-performance engineering team
- Regularly meets with executive leadership team to discuss growth within market segments and emerging technologies.
- Researching and identifying new technologies and implementing them into standard projects and designs.
- Overall responsible for the system design and engineering deliverables for each project
- Directs Electrical and Structural/Civil Engineers and Drafters within the project.
- Technical Point-of-Contact (POC) for the customer
- Conduct design reviews internally and drive open items to closure.
- Ensures the quality of design reviews and verifies the design follows engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Controls project expenditures within the limits of the project budget
- Creates schedules that contribute to the master project schedule and manages the technical team to the schedule
- Participates in requirements planning and documentation, conceptual designs, make/buy analyses, design documentation, and design reviews.
- Defines product specifications and incorporate into overall design strategy and technology.
- Review designs drawings including single-line and three-line diagrams, electrical layouts, AC/DC schematics, cable and conductor schedules and conduit details.
- Review designs and perform energy modeling and calculations for renewable projects.
- Review outputs from PVsyst and Helioscope to optimize the performance of solar projects.
- Review feasibility of designs working with vendors, engineers, and field technicians.
- Document technical risks and properly manage them throughout each project.
- Communicate with other engineers to help develop product strategy for standardization.
- Experience with NFPA-70 is preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in deploying renewable systems
- Knowledge of battery storage systems is preferred (BESS).
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and competitive technical solutions.
- Knowledge of engineering codes and regulations (i.e. NEC, UL 1741, UL 1703, UL 2703, UL 9540/A etc.)
- Experience with regulatory certification agencies (i.e. UL, cUL, CE) is a plus
- Leadership of multidisciplinary Engineering teams
- Excellent verbal, technical writing, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Advanced Charging Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Advanced Charging Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Advanced Charging Technologies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Pay: $160k - 200k/yr