Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Director of Engineering
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 US
Posted: 05/26/2023 2023-05-26 2023-07-10 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84349
We are looking for a Director of Engineering that will provide project management expertise using their technical knowledge to ensure that projects come in on budget and on time. The Director of Engineering is responsible for managing, developing, and building a team of highly skilled Mechanical Engineers and Electrical/Controls Engineers. We create an environment of open communication, collaboration, learning and development opportunities and encourage everyone to be the best version of themselves.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE A NATURAL BORN LEADER who takes initiative to streamline processes and builds and maintains top performing engineering teams. Manages the right balance of accountability, empathy, and drive to get things done right. Knows how to build relationships with Engineers and recognize/reward them for their efforts.
You Are An Excellent Communicator that effectively communicates in a clear and direct manner using easily understood language with the Engineering teams, Sales team, Purchasing team, Clients, and Vendors. Understands their audience and tailors their communication style to work well with a wide range of people and personalities.
You Are Knowledgeable, Technical & PASSIONATE and possess the technical competence with SolidWorks for developing and designing 3D models and fabrication drawings for parts, assembly, and installation of custom components. You possess a strong, self-driven mentality as you strategically prioritize, delegate and follow through with teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works side by side with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to learn their current processes for designing 3D models and fabrication drawings, answers questions and learns how they communicate with various departments.
- Manages/approves P&ID's, calculations, and flexes expert level skills in Solidworks models.
- Successfully reviews the overall progress of each project, correctly determining that technical and manufacturing standards are/are not being met.
- Assign an engineer to start developing spare parts electronic library to support establishing a Spare Parts/Service department within a year.
- Develop strategies to streamline processes and is actively implementing those, so that no desirable business is turned away and have increased its engineering capabilities and is more efficient since hire date.
- Assigns project engineers to specific phases of projects, taking into account their strengths and areas of interest. Regularly evaluates project design for conformance to engineering principles, client requirements, specifications, and quality standards.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- Solid knowledge of the principles of management and leadership with a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, create high performance teams, provide employee coaching and development, and foster commitment to company values required
- Expert knowledge of design documentation and changes/modifications required
- Expert knowledge of the principles of Mechanical and electrical Engineering and drawings required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, and Excel for developing process calculation matrices and mechanical component material lists required
- Solid knowledge in SOLIDWORKS software required
- Solid knowledge in Fabrication and Machining processes required
- Proven ability to be troubleshoot and problem solve with a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive required
- Expert knowledge of communication skills, particularly, preparing written correspondence in the justification of engineering projects and budgets required
- Knowledge of Industrial safety and OSHA standards required
- Master's in Mechanical Engineering a plus
- Solid knowledge of business finance to estimate and manage project costs a plus
- Ability to oversee system installation and troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions a plus
Benefits: Bonus Program, Full Medical, PTO
$160,000 - $190,000k annually DOE