East Liberty, OH 43319 US
* Aerodynamic and Thermal Development
* Work with a team of aerodynamicists and CFD engineers to execute development projects to improve aerodynamic performance of Honda race cars.
* Analyze, validate, and compare CFD, wind tunnel and on-track testing aerodynamic results, and communicate findings to aerodynamic leads.
* Aerodynamic testing
* Plan, support, and execute wind tunnel testing.
* Collaborate with other aerodynamic group members to ensure proper methodology and instrumentation is applied to achieve test objectives.
* Regularly employ aero & thermal instrumentation and measurement best practices.
* Collaborate with Honda Teams
* Maintain positive relationship and collect feedback from Honda race teams.
* Support Honda race team events when necessary, such as wind tunnel tests, and select track tests.
* Prepare data, tools, and analysis to be shared with Honda teams.
* Collaborate with HPD Aero CFD Group
* Define CFD topics and analyze results from HPD Aero CFD engineers.
* Define correlation targets for CFD.
* Fundamental understanding of low-speed aerodynamics with an in-depth understanding of IndyCar aerodynamics & thermodynamics
* Understanding of various tools such as wind tunnels, CFD, and Track testing to measure, analyze, and validate aerodynamic & thermal performance.
* Self-motivated, critical thinker, and willingness to learn new data analysis techniques.
* BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, 3-5 Years of experience in automotive/aerospace wind tunnel testing, automotive/aerospace CFD, automotive/aerospace design, or motorsports performance engineering.