Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Design Engineer - Aerospace R&D
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Posted: 01/12/2023 2023-01-12 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 83415
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineering/Design/Analysis with an emphasis on pneumatic, mechanical and electro-mechanical components/assemblies. The ideal candidate will have experience in the design, analysis and prototyping of mechanisms which may include linkages, levers, pneumatic devices, solenoid and motor operators. The candidate should have a broad background emphasizing work with mechanical devices and subsystems, preferably for use in military or commercial aviation.
Specialist knowledge regarding structural analysis by use of Finite Element Method and classical hand calculations will be a strong differentiator for candidate selection.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum BSME, BSAE and a minimum of 5 years' experience in relevant design/analysis/development environment, preferably for military or commercial aviation.
- Knowledge of mechanical components and assemblies with emphasis in complex electromechanical systems, or large structures.
- Must be able to perform structural analysis by hand calculations and finite element methods.
- Knowledge of aerospace materials properties and selection as well as processing including Heat Treat and Coatings for aerospace requirements is a requirement.
- Design experience with CATIA (ProE a plus) and analysis experience with ANSYS is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques, their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses. Prior assembly or shop experience is a plus.
- Must be able to perform basic measurements and simple inspection processes
- Must have experience with MIL-STD documents, reading and interpretation of ASME Y14.5
- Must be able to write engineering reports, typically to document analysis and test results. Evidence of accomplishment in self-documentation of work product through technical reports, test reports etc. will be considered as a plus
Salary Range: $130,000-$150,000