Controls/Mechanical Engineer, Biofuels
Woodland, CA 95776 US
take biofuels projects from pilot-scale operations to scale-up of the technology to commercial implementation. The center is built on our industry leading biomass
gasification technology and has projects on upgrading bio-syngas to produce diesel, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), and renewable natural gas (RNG). Our projects are in partnership with utilities and agencies including Pacific Gas and Electric Co. (PG&E), Department of Energy, and California Energy Commission and involve several other key suppliers of gas upgrading technology to be integrated with the gasifier system. The Controls Engineer is responsible for high level technical tasks including designing, programming, and maintaining control systems for energy production equipment. The qualified candidate will be an engineer with at least 3 years of experience in control systems design and implementation in a commercial environment.
* Maintenance of Existing Controls and Data Acquisition Systems: maintaining and upgrading hardware and software; supervision of equipment inventory; hardware
and firmware trouble-shooting.
* Development of New Controls Systems: development of design plans and specification of equipment; control system programming; supervision of
equipment installation activities; system commissioning and decommissioning; periodic review and verification of equipment data acquisition.
* Data Evaluation and Reporting: data set management; data reduction, analysis and evaluation; development of written reports; assistance with presentations.
* Designing and implementing monitoring and testing experiments on energy equipment.
* Managing and analyzing large datasets.
* Working with and directing plant technicians in their work.
* Assisting with development and implementation of safe operating procedures.
* 3-years experience in control systems design and programming in a commercial or research setting.
* Familiar with Programmable Logic Control systems: such as National Instruments, GE PROFINET, Allen-Bradley Controllogix, or equivalent.
* Basic knowledge of probability and statistics, and thermal and fluid systems.
* Basic knowledge of electronic systems and troubleshooting.
* Basic knowledge of sensor systems, electric motors, and control switches.
* Demonstrated writing skills in English.
* MS Office Suite.
* Basic computer graphics skills (AutoCad, SolidWorks, SketchUp, or equivalent).
* Ability to work collaboratively with a team to execute projects.
* Strong interest in innovation in renewable energy systems.
* Ability to lift 30 pounds and sit and stand for extended periods of time.