Fountain Valley, CA US
Motive is a full service, self-performing, turnkey, infrastructure solutions provider for the wireless and wireline telecommunications industry. We are a single point of accountability for designing, building, upgrading, and maintaining your networks. No project hands-off minimizes overall development time & cost and maximizes quality control. Our areas of expertise are Site acquisition, Architecture, engineering & design, Project & construction management, Installation & maintenance, Product Sales & Distribution
- Oversee financial operations including A/P, A/R, G/L, job cost accounting & project reviews, milestone billing, payroll, commission calculations, sales and use tax payments, and cash flow management.
- Produce monthly financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cashflows), and supporting schedules in accordance with GAAP for internal/external reporting
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems.
- Manage month close process, including journal entries, project allocations. Work-In-Progress reporting and percentage of completion accounting for revenue recognition.
- Support annual budget and planning process, trend forecasting and provide financial statement discussion and analysis.
- Coordinate quarterly accounting reviews, manage annual audits with bank, CPA firm and tax authorities.
- Maintain state registrations, business, and tax licenses, etc.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors, subcontractors, financial institutions, and other company personnel.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Position required to be onsite daily with accounting team & management.
Skills / Other
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasking, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ethical and trustworthy
Education/ Training Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ Years of experience in accounting.
- Knowledge and application of GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of Excel required; experience with Sage preferred.
- Working knowledge with each of the following areas:
Accounting Team Management.
Construction Accounting experience. (WIP & Job Schedules)
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
- CPA, preferred, not required
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.