Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Communications Project Manager
Austin, TX US
Posted: 02/09/2023 2023-02-09 2023-04-24 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Management Job Number: 84161
About Us: Motive is a full service, self-performing, turnkey, infrastructure solutions provider for the wireless and wireline telecommunications industry. We are a single point of accountability for designing, building, upgrading, and maintaining your networks. No project hands-off minimizes overall development time & cost and maximizes quality control. Our areas of expertise are Site Acquisition, Architecture, Engineering & Design, Project & Construction Management, Installation & Maintenance, Product Sales & Distribution.
Job Description Purpose and Scope: The Communications Project Manager oversees deployment of Communication projects. They participate in and establish plans, budgets and schedules. Their work involves coordination of multiple resources (time, materials and personnel) along with performance of regular, detailed inspection and detailed project tracking.
* Establishes and manages overall project budget.
* Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent changes where necessary.
* Prepares internal project reports and timely audits regarding project schedule, progress, usage of any company or client material.
* Tracks consumption of, and provides cost control for, company purchased materials and labor resources.
* Ensures contractor redlines, as-builts, and invoices are accurate and timely.
* Negotiates with vendors to gain preferable pricing.
* Ensures timely invoicing upon completion of project milestones.
* Approves all vendor-related expenses.
* Procures and/or requisitions needed equipment and materials.
* Mentors and leads a team.
* Completes and submits applications for licenses and permits, as necessary.
* Ensures employees or contractors are operating safely and within permitting requirements.
* Schedules and runs project team meetings, involving analysis of team reports and troubleshooting.
* Documents project progress including any deviations or variations from schedule or budget.
* Performs initial setup of, and regularly updates, project tracking tools.
* Provides design oversight and organizes the scope of work into prioritized segments.
* Facilitates client meetings and performs site visits.
* Oversees and regulates daily team productivity and performs quality control on work performed.
* Builds and develops relationships with others, ranging from clients, subcontractors, local authorities, to internal teams and company management.
* Ensures maps or construction sites are walked out and signed off before work is performed.
* Directs and manages project development from beginning to end and acts as single point-of-contact for external parties.
* Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with company management.
* Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Identifies and resolves any issues and/or potential conflicts.
* Anticipates, mitigates and escalates project issues as required.
* Plans and coordinates use of team resources.
* Prepares and provides regular status reports to project team and company management.
* Regularly attends or participates in meetings, calls or other communications.
* Builds, develops, and grows business relationships vital to the success of the project and/or to future business.
* All other duties as required.
Required PPE: Skills / Other:
* Customer service orientation.
* Strong problem-solver.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, plus strong interpersonal skills
Job Competency / Qualifications Education/ Training:
* High School graduate or equivalent, required. Higher degree or certificate in relevant area, preferred.
* Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
* Strong technical skills (to operate specialized programs for Project Management and Project Tracking).
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
* PMP certification, preferred but not required.
Technical Requirements: Experience:
* 2-4 Years of Project Management or construction supervision.
DISCLAIMER: EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and JD-893 Date Printed 2/6/23 possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories. The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
Compensation: $75-$110K a year+ Benefits and 401K