Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Anaheim, CA 92801 US
Posted: 03/08/2023 2023-03-08 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Finance & Accounting Job Number: 84218
Collections Clerk Responsibilities:
- Run A/R Aging reports on assigned companies and review all past due accounts.
- Perform high volume of customer collection calls and/or email correspondence to collect overdue customer balances.
- Resolve customer invoice collections issues and billing disputes issues. Requires partnering with Sales and AR/ billing team to resolve and bring to closure.
- Research disputed account balances; correct any errors, including misapplied payments or credits.
- Build and maintain customer relationships and conduct ongoing customer contact (sending invoice copies, statements, checking on status).
- Communicate to supervisor and management on customer past due and collection efforts.
- Enlist the efforts of sales management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Update ERP system with customer contact details and communicate important billing procedure updates/ changes to AR team members.
- Keep correspondence log and accurate records on customer collections efforts, expected pay dates and amounts. Follow up to verify that payments were made. Be prepared to review at AR meetings.
- Work with supervisor on issuing legal collections letters and credit holds.
Collections Clerk Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years in A/R and collections preferred.
- College degree in Finance or Accounting a plus.
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Word, or equivalent software.
- Skilled in ERP systems. Sage 500 experience a plus.
- Strong organization and communication skills with superb research, follow-up and follow-through, and note-taking abilities.
- Strong customer service and extremely detail oriented.
- Organized, personable, analytical, and capable problem-solver who works well with team and independently.
- Courteous and professional when dealing with clients and may need to be tactfully assertive on occasion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Comfort and familiarity on phone calls with customers; must have good phone call and email follow-up skills.
$20 - $25/hr